Athletes and weekend warriors alike need to fuel their bodies for optimal performance, but navigating the complex and confusing topic of sport nutrition and supplements is generally overwhelming and misunderstood. The North American Academy for Sport Fitness Professionals (NAASFP) Sport Conditioning Nutrition certification focuses on how to supplement an athlete’s training regime with a healthy and well-balanced nutrition program as the foundation for developing optimal health, fitness and success in sports.
The NAASFP Sports Conditioning Nutrition Coach certification program gives graduates the knowledge to understand the principles of nutrition as they relate specifically to sport and the skills to develop an energizing, performance-enhancing nutrition plan tailored to the athlete’s specific needs.
If you are just embarking on your career in the Sport Fitness industry let NAASFP start your career in the right direction. If you are already a certified Personal Trainer, adding the NAASFP credentials of certified Sport Nutrition Coach will enable you to expand your services and programs to include coaching on proper nutrition, safe and effective sport supplements, and beneficial vitamins and minerals.
THE PROGRAM: The NAASFP Sport Nutrition Coach certification is a comprehensive in-class course designed to prepare graduates to plan, market, and deliver safe and effective sport nutrition programs in a one-on-one or group setting. Topics include:
• Principles and practices of athletic training
• Exercise physiology and energy systems
• Components of nutrition
• Nutrition requirements in exercise and sports
• Individualized sport nutrition requirements
• Supplement usage
• Planning energy requirements and refueling
• Performance nutrition for competition
• Behavior modification
• Weight control for athletes
• Eating plans and menus
• Individualization of coaching
• Client screening and assessment
• Business of coaching
WHAT TO EXPECT: We’ve provided some information that we commonly get asked by future coaches. Check out Course Expectations.
DESIGNATION: Sport Nutrition Coach SNC
• At least 18 years of age
• Proficient use of verbal and written English
• Completed, or in senior year of, a physical education, kinesiology, or fitness programming degree/diploma
• Math skills
• Score of 80% or better in each of three sectors:
• Practical participation
• Case study
• Written exam
• First Aid and CPR (online programs not recognized)
The market opportunities for Sport Nutrition Coaches is high as sport enthusiasts seek out credentialed professionals to guide their nutritional support for optimal sport performance. Employment opportunities can be found at:
• Health Food Stores
• Sport Teams
• Private Clubs
• Fitness Centers
• Community Centers
• Private one-on-one and small group coaching
COST: $450 + HST – includes all study material
TO REGISTER: NAASFP Application
NAASFP-hosted sessions are held on demand if sufficient spots are not available through Hosted sessions. Contact Us to add your name to a wait list. Be sure to include your location, how far you are willing to travel, and daytime contact information. You will be contacted when a seat is available.